Normally I aim for helping church finance committees, pastors, and other leadership. With this pandemic, a lot of energy has gone towards helping the church as a small business, but what about the church as a group of individuals? If you go to long without considering the well-being of the individual, the church is going to struggle.
While there’s a ton in the CARES Act to benefit folks, I see three that are probably the biggest ones directed to individuals. Most of this is with the United Methodist pastor in mind, but they definitely do apply more broadly.
Check out the video below:
- Wespath’s summary of CARES Act: https://www.wespath.org/assets/1/7/5559.pdf
- Wespath’s FAQ for Retirement Plan provisions: https://www.wespath.org/assets/1/7/5566.pdf
- Wespath’s Loan Repayment Deferral: https://www.wespath.org/assets/1/7/5566.pdf
- IRS Rebate Info: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments
- Diane Owen’s Money Matters: https://mnumc-email.brtapp.com/viewemail/2534727