In the 4th quarter webinar for 2020, Sheri Meister takes the learnings from Matt Miofsky’s book “Let Go” and applies them to the church fundraising world. Here’s what I got as the key teachings:
- A New Hope: Discover who you are as a church and what success looks like for your church. Without hope of a better future, giving, volunteering, and passion will dry up.
- Letting Go is Necessary: You can’t have it both ways. The world we were ministering to in 1970 or 1990 or even 2019 no longer exists. What ministries and methods are still life changing and what is life draining? We just don’t have the capacity to do a bunch of new things to reach the world of 2020 while still doing everything we’ve always done.
- Value the Past without Living in the Past: This was a powerful statement from one of our attendees. Is your past a foundation you’re building off of or an idol you’ve started to worship?
- Matt Miofsky’s Let Go: https://www.amazon.com/Let-Go-Leaning-Future-Without/dp/1501879626
- Post on Confidentiality of Giving Records: https://jctaccounting.com/2020/09/11/should-pastors-know-what-people-are-giving/
- Post on Building Reserves: https://jctaccounting.com/2020/07/10/budgeting-building-or-using-the-reserves/