Have a Merry Christmas! I’m never a big one on the presents and lights and decorations, but I do enjoy the break from work and the food. I usually try to slow down around this time of year and start thinking more in depth about what my hopes and goals will be for the coming year.
For 2021, here’s what I’m planning:
- Committee Training: I’ll be focusing on the key duties for the Trustees, Finance Committee, and maybe also Staff/Pastor Relations Committee. This will take a couple of months.
- Spreading Cheapness: I plan on doing a series on the ideas I’ve had for saving money…especially in the area of finance and administration.
- QuickBooks Reporting/Budgeting: This is an area I need to grow in so I’ll share what I’m learning.
- Assessing Church’s Financial Strength: What would it be like to know if your church is in trouble or not and what the next steps are to strengthening your position. I ‘ve been working on this on and off for about 18 months and should be ready to share my findings this spring.
Also, I’ll continue to answer the most common questions I receive. If you have a topic or question you’d like covered, leave a comment or email me at email@example.com.
- Luke Chapter 2 (Birth of Jesus): https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%202&version=ESV
- UMC Committee Leadership FAQ: http://ee.umc.org/what-we-believe/faqs-committee-leadership