This was from a training that I did in the Fall of 2019 for United Methodist churches in Southeastern South Dakota. While most finance committees focus on reviewing reports and looking at cutting expenses, some are making a huge impact in helping their churches succeed. They are growing the church’s income, improving operations/decision making, and much more.
How are they making such an impact? The gist is, they staff the finance committee with the right people and set goals. It’s not that complex. I also give some ideas on how to fix the income problem, reporting, auditing, and budgeting. Enjoy!
- Finance Office Resources: https://www.dakotasumc.org/finance-and-benefits/finance
- Step Chart: https://www.dakotasumc.org/media/files/old/00/Conference/Finance/StewResrces/Step_Challenge.xlsx
- Analysis of Change in Giving: https://www.dakotasumc.org/media/files/old/00/Conference/Finance/StewResrces/Change_Giving_Analysis.xlsx
- Building a Better Budget: https://www.dakotasumc.org/media/files/old/00/Conference/Finance/FinAdminRes/budget_building.pdf
- Financial Reporting Guide: https://www.dakotasumc.org/media/files/old/00/Conference/Finance/FinAdminRes/financial_reporting_guide.pdf
- Church Audit Guide: https://www.dakotasumc.org/media/files/old/00/Conference/Finance/Legal/Sample_Audit_Procedures_Short.pdf
- Church Audit Checklist: https://www.dakotasumc.org/media/files/old/00/Conference/Finance/Legal/Audit_Checklist.xlsx
- Financial Foundations Webinars: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy3_Fkz8_LMoxly2toA3SqN-AJbKW3rcW
- 10-Minute Treasurer: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy3_Fkz8_LMoIg9-lPpdM_bVDM91T41Xt